Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

What if he takes a bite?

Well, well, well, what have we here? I found a spot, my own spot, it feels...nice. Wait let me clear this up, I should say my own space, yes, I found my own space. Hmm so many words in my head, where to start?

My baby son cut his first tooth today, after two days of red cheeks, crying, and extra cuddles, there is now a little slit in his gum, you can see the tooth just sitting back, waiting for the right time to emerge (Most likely when I'm in the middle of breast feeding). I fear that, you know, the possibility that he might decide to take a bite. My mind runs wild with images of my nipple half hanging off! But I know logically (from other mothers tales) that isn't the case, it will hurt, I will yelp and he will let go. Doesn't sound too bad...sort of. Would I be a selfish mother to give up breast feeeding my son if he takes a bite? Give up the one thing that only I can do for him, give up the "best" milk option for my baby,hmm. Maybe we'll wait and see just how much a little bite hurts.

1 comment:

  1. You wouldn't be a bad mum, many mums give up breast feeding for worse reasons than that, some don't even try!

    ReplyDelete