Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Apparently my nipple is now a teething ring!

I knew it! I just knew it! It was only a matter of time before he decided to relieve a bit of his teething pain on my freaking nipple! I was so afraid of this happening, his second tooth is trying to cut through, and of course the best relief is to gnaw down on something! It happened just the way I imagined it (check out my blog "What if he takes a bite" Friday January 22 2010). Okay so maybe thats a little over exaggerated! This is how it happened....

Normal feeding position, right breast, baby taking nice big gulps. Suddenly he just bites me! "Ow"! I yelp. Baby, startled, immediately lets go, I check my nipple throughly making sure its all still there, "Phew"! The pain was quick and sharp, over before it began, but it left a tingling sensation almost like pins-and-needles. Not 15 minutes later baby is grizzling, then I realise that he didn't finish his feed! "Dam it"! He latches back on, I watch him cautiously "Don't bite me" I warn. I think to myself as I watch him drink, his jaw moves up and down, its a strong  jaw, I once heard that a baby's jaw is so strong it could break your finger if you put it in there, mainly because they don't know their own strength, hmm I wonder how much truth is in this? Thank god he only has one tooth. What will happen when he has them top and bottom? I suddenly have visions of myself, on the bed, crawling on hands and knees searching between the sheets for my missing nipple. Because thats when it would happen, in the dark during a night feed when he can catch me unexpected! I've gotta protect my girls!

My breast feeding days are numbered, Its nearly time to put away the big jugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment